For the second year in a row, the Write_On Challenge kicks off tomorrow for the month of April. The goal is to write 30 hand-written notes in 30 days. I love the "Reasons to Write" and find them inspiring:
- To send a friend a recipe for a great day.
- To create an artifact and capture a moment in time.
- To decorate the envelope (maybe washi tape or there is some incredible inspiration here).
- To congratulate someone on an achievement big or small.
- To say thank you.
- To say the things that are difficult to articulate in person.
- To ask an older relative to record a memory.
Speaking of writing notes, this post on Cup of Jo about mailing thank you notes caught my attention. I certainly don't think you are obligated to always send a thank you note, but how wonderful is it to open your mailbox and find one? It never hurts to send a note, so why not? What do you all think? This is a habit that was ingrained in me from a very early age (and I plan to do the same with Blythe), so I'm biased.
In April, I'm going to write 30 cards in 30 days and I'm also going to try to post every day. I need (want) to get back into posting regularly. I hope a few of you are still reading!